Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Little Things Along the Way

These past few weeks I've been out of my studio a bit more, collecting picture frames and doing some art sales. Between running errands I found some cute things. I ran into this girl at the Boston Arts Festival that makes cute little ornaments out of wicked soft spun cotton. My boyfriend got an octopus and I purchased a pointy-toothed fox. Check out more of her work on her website http://www.vintagebycrystal.com she also has work on Etsy. She has all kinds of cute things and some great vintage Halloween animals and ghouls. While wandering through Chinatown I came across this cute little piggy snack-cake. He was not the best tasting pig, but he had a lovely face and great beady little eyes . A while back I also got sent this cute little packet of goodies from Brandi Milne. This box of trinkets was from a Pay It Forward project she was doing on her blog. The whole packet was wrapped up with star paper enclosing Double Bubble, a cloth strawberry, a pink-haired doll-person and Starlight mints. The little strawberry is precious, it has a tiny bell in it. I'm sure my cat would adore it, but it is safe in my display cabinet for now. I really like her most Brandi's most recent work with toothy bunnies, strawberries and German text, check out her Blog. Her work reminds me a little of Nouar. - Ok, I'm back to getting prepared for open studios -Jen

1 comment:

Vintage by Crystal said...

It was so great meeting you at the Boston Ahts Festival! Mr. Octopus and his foxy friend look thrilled in their new home! :)