Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Winter Thaw

This has been one crazy year. I have been focusing a little more on my graphic design work while still keeping up with commissions,  long term assignments and school work. I have not had much time for personal work.

The beginning of August I  finished up a few long term projects. One of my scheduled creations was a  short comic for the Dark Lady anthology. This comic collection is due to be published sometime around Halloween by Hellcat Press. My submission was a short horror story revolving around the spring thaw, rot, collections of curiosities and teeth.  In my searches I came across some amazing old dental supplies, beautifully gruesome charts and diagrams.












 

My favorite discovery were the amazing dental cabinets and boxes. ( Search for antique dental cabinets )



 Then I found these tooth necklaces (above)  from BoneLust on Etsy.


I do have a bit of a fascination with teeth, I spend a lot of time at the dentist. I think I like sweets too much, wich leads to cavities and lots of dentist visits.

Enjoy the photos and keep an eye out for The Dark lady anthology.

-Jen



No comments: