Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Open Studios Baking

I love baking,, once upon a time I had dreams of being a pastry chef. For open studios I originally wanted to by a bunch of sugar skulls and decorate them, but they were to expensive and not that tasty. Later I was browsing e-bay for sugar skulls and found these really cute cookie cutters. I decided to make a big batch of skull cookies. I also made some cupcakes to go with my new working cat series. Yum!! My mini-cupcakes came out a lot better this year, they had a more even size. I used Icing in a can, for the first batch. How easy! I had a great time at open studios. A big thanks to everyone that made it out in all the snowy stormy weather. After a very busy weekend, I'm planning on kicking back for a few days before I get started on new work for my "The Long Way Home" show in January. -Jen

No comments: